Friday, September 13, 2013

Extra Life 2013




Those who know me know that I'm not one that normally seeks out for help or assistance.  But this time, I need your help. 

In 2008, a gaming podcast called Sarcastic Gamer started a charity to help raise money for pediatric cancer through gaming with all proceeds going to Texas Childrens Cancer Center.  They helped raise $115,000.  When I joined the following year, I was blown away by this.  I mean, $115,000... from gamers?  The year I joined (2009), Sarcastic Gamer and participating communities helped raise over $170,000.  When Extra Life expanded to help local children hospitals outside of Texas for more ailments than just Pediatric Cancer Research in 2010, they helped raise over $451,000.  That amount was more than doubled in 2011 when they helped raise $1.1 million for 175 children hospitals around the world.  

So, I need your help.  On November 2nd (or 3rd), I pledge to do 25 hours of gaming over the course of the following 2-3 days.  For that 25-hour pledge, I'm only asking for at least $1 per hour.  Only $25, that's it.  Yes, that' s probably a Blu-ray movie with tax.  A nice lunch with a friend?  How about a movie plus popcorn, alone?  A child who needs help with his/her treatment could really use your/our help!  I've already donated to my page and also to the page of 2 gaming friends of mine.  Please join me.

Thank you.





No comments: