The day ended up being a mixed bag. While I was able to meet some creators and purchase some prints, I wasn't able to hook up with any of the guys. Cell service was horrendous while AT&T's 3G was practically non existent.
In addition to getting some cool prints, which I posted pics of in my previous post, I was able to meet some creators and celebrities while just seeing others as they signed for a looooong line of fans.
From the ones I remember:
- Steve Ellis - artist on Box 13 signed and drew a sketch in my trade (see pic above).
- Kody Chamberlain - writer and artist of mini-series Sweets signed my Sweets #1 issue.
- Kevin Brown - plays Dot Com on the NBC sitcom 30 Rock.
- Greg Capullo - longtime artist on Spawn and currently drawing Batman.
- Jason Aaron - longtime writer on Scalped and currently writing Incredible Hulk.
- Olivier Coipel - artist on Marvel's Thor, Seige and House of M.
- Tony Moore - co-creator and early artist of The Walking Dead, signed my TWD action figure.
- Robert Kirkman - creator of The Walking Dead, signed my TWD action figure and dvd.
- Leinil Yu - artist on Mark Millar's Superior, signed my Superior #1 issue.
- Todd McFarlane - co-founder of Image Comics and creator of Spawn.
- Justin Gray (writer), Jimmy Palmiotti (writer), Amanda Connor (artist) - have all collaborated on some of my favorite books. They were nice, engaging and gracious enough to sign quite a few of my books.
- Terry Moore - can't go a day without stopping by to say hello to one of my favorite comic creators.
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.