Monday, November 28, 2011

New York Comic Con 2011: Day 3

Over a month later and I remembered that I hadn't posted a few words and pics from my third and final day at the Con.  While there was still a fourth day to attend, I was too tired and broke to even consider making one more trip.
   
The day ended up being a mixed bag.  While I was able to meet some creators and purchase some prints, I wasn't able to hook up with any of the guys.  Cell service was horrendous while AT&T's 3G was practically non existent.

In addition to getting some cool prints, which I posted pics of in my previous post, I was able to meet some creators and celebrities while just seeing others as they signed for a looooong line of fans.

From the ones I remember:
  • Steve Ellis - artist on Box 13 signed and drew a sketch in my trade (see pic above).
  • Kody Chamberlain - writer and artist of mini-series Sweets signed my Sweets #1 issue.
  • Kevin Brown - plays Dot Com on the NBC sitcom 30 Rock.
  • Greg Capullo - longtime artist on Spawn and currently drawing Batman.
  • Jason Aaron - longtime writer on Scalped and currently writing Incredible Hulk.
  • Olivier Coipel - artist on Marvel's Thor, Seige and House of M.
  • Tony Moore - co-creator and early artist of The Walking Dead, signed my TWD action figure.
  • Robert Kirkman - creator of The Walking Dead, signed my TWD action figure and dvd.
  • Leinil Yu - artist on Mark Millar's Superior, signed my Superior #1 issue.
  • Todd McFarlane - co-founder of Image Comics and creator of Spawn.
  • Justin Gray (writer), Jimmy Palmiotti (writer), Amanda Connor (artist) - have all collaborated on some of my favorite books.  They were nice, engaging and gracious enough to sign quite a few of my books.
  • Terry Moore - can't go a day without stopping by to say hello to one of my favorite comic creators.
Overall, a good time though extremely tiring.  Next year, I'll most likely spring for the VIP ticket so I can have somewhere to store my bag and have less to carry around.


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

No comments: