Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11/13 Update

Well, the procedure was a success. Once the doctors got in there to deal with the stricture, they also found a small gallstone. Once the stent was put in, whatever "sludge" that had been backed up started flowing smoothly. Unfortunately, I now have to have a tube sticking out of my abdomen for up to 3 months until the time for this stent to be removed. Hopefully, it'll be much less than that. 

As of 2:30pm, I've been visited by 4 of the doctors and, due to my progression the last 36 hours, they like my chances of me going home today. 

I really hope so. While I'm off from work, I'd like to walk Angelise to school in the mornings. 

Right before the procedure Monday afternoon, I received a pleasant visit from Brian. Since the procedure, I've been put into a different room on another floor.  Since that time, Jonathan sat in with me on Monday.  He and Amy returned early yesterday while Javier and my co-worker Boureima visited later in the evening. Thanks, everyone, for taking the time. 

No comments: