Monday, September 9, 2013

9/9/13 Update

Yesterday was a relatively quiet day. Had a couple of doctors stop by in the morning to go over what's expected of the procedure again. So nothing new to report there. 

My buddy (and LCVG brother) Joey stopped by sometime after the doctors left and sat with me for about 2 hours. We talked video games (primarily the new consoles), comics and family. I even threw in some football talk in there. He was nice enough lend me his B.P.R.D.: Plague of Frogs hardcover book which I'm looking forward to diving into since it's a highly well-reviewed series. Upon asking him for some new comic recommendations, he suggested East of West, the new Batman/Superman series, The Bunker and Lazarus.  I immediately purchased and downloaded them via Comixology.  I've yet to start Lazarus but East of West was amazing, looking forward to seeing where that series is heading. Batman/Superman was ok but I'm sure it'll get better.  The Bunker, however, was my favorite. Both gripping and creepy, I'm excited to add this book to my regular reading rotation. So thanks Joey, for both recommending some great reads AND helping put a dent in my iTunes account. ;)

Maria arrived in the late afternoon/early evening for her overnight stay. She helped me shower (not easy with all of these cables everywhere) and shave. Shaving was the biggest relief. I've showered since arriving but hadn't shaved and my head started looking like a chia pet convention. Plus the hair under my chin was driving me mad. It was quite satisfying going back to my silky smooth chrome head. 

After the shower and grooming were taken care of, Maria jumped in my bed for a couple of episodes of Luther on Netflix. Some of the smiles we were getting from the staff were priceless as they'd walk in and there was Maria and I, in my bed, with my iPad on our laps watching tv. Luther, by the way, highly recommended. Idris Elba is fantastic. 

Well, as I finish this off, i just had a visit from a group of about 5 doctors letting me know that it's almost time. So, I'm off to get this done. See you all on the other side of the anesthesia. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that everything is ok. I hope you return to xbox. Get well brother.

Chefdrew07atogc

Angel Pagan said...

Thanks Andrew.