Friday, October 12, 2012

New York Comic Con 2012 - Day 2

Day 2 was an abbreviated one as my brother joined me at the con but had to leave early due to prior obligations so I was tasked with showing him as much as possible in the 4 hours we had.  We managed to bump into Joey, Phil and Ruell again but not Dave.  I managed to find my way over to Artist Alley in the new hanger of the convention center.  It was a welcomed sight and makes you wonder how in the world they ever managed to fit so many people in one condensed area prior to this hanger being built.  Got a chance to see Scott Snyder (who was very busy) and briefly speak to Mark Bagley who, on my next visit, I hope to have sign my mint condition Ultimate Spider-Man issue #2 which released almost 12 years ago.  Purchases made on this day were the Spider-Man statue I mentioned in yesterdays blog post, a red Tac-Force Speedster Model knife with a spider design and 2 Spider-Man prints.  I'll provide pics of everything I picked up after my blog post on the final day.


Like yesterday, I'll start with some cosplay pics.

















































Some pics of the showroom and surrounding areas.






Toys, figures, statues, displays and costumes.







Great Scott!  It's the time machine Marty!











A World of Warcraft Mega Bloks display I missed yesterday.

And finally, I managed to sneak in a picture of the great Brian K. Vaughan, creator and writer of 
Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, Runaways and recently Saga.  Sitting to his left is his artist on Saga, Fiona Staples, but I wasn't able to get a good shot of her as there was too much activity going on.  Hopefully during day 3.

Overall, my brother Jorge had a great time during his first ever comic con.  Besides, judging by the pics he was in, how couldn't he?  Coming soon: day 3 pics.  Thanks for looking people.  :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the statues and action figures

Unknown said...

Awesome action figure pics

Angel Pagan said...

Thanks Mike. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice Article Angel! Love the pics. I've retweeted this. ;)

Angel Pagan said...

Thanks Jr.