Friday, October 12, 2012

New York Comic Con 2012 - Day 1

Day 1 is in the books and what a day it was.  First off, I was quite impressed and pleased at the changes made at the Jacob Javits center this year.  From Artist Alley being relegated to the newer section of the Convention Center to better cellphone reception, the overall experience is 100% better.  Although I'm sure it'll start to get crazy each day with the increase in attendees, everything was very well spaced out making the con more enjoyable to maneuver around.  I was joined by my wife who also plans to join me on Saturday.  Picked up some Gears of War 3 figures by NECA to complete my collection in addition to 2 t-shirts.  Briefly met up with Dave, Joey, Phil and Ruell who were busy picking up their commissions and getting items signed.  


First group of pictures are cosplay which is always one of my favorite things about comic con.






Not all zombies eat flesh!




Maria does her best Michonne impersonation!








Some cosplayers were quite cheeky.

There were some cool looking displays made out of Lego and Mega Bloks.





Here are a few pics of certain areas of the showroom floor.














And finally: toys, figures, statues, props and some cool looking displays.















































I think this Spidey hopping over the mail box statue is coming home with me.




















This Spider-Man statue is soooooo tempting.













This Wonder Woman may make her way into my home this weekend.





I'll provide more pics of day 2.  Thanks for looking.  :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great first day bro.

Angel Pagan said...

Thanks Mike. :)

Unknown said...

Nice pics Angel. That Wonder Woman statue is in my sons home. She loves it!

Unknown said...

Great pics Angel. That Wonder Woman statue is at my sons house with his mom and she loves it!

Angel Pagan said...

Thanks Dean. That statue is beautiful and most likely coming home with me tomorrow unless they're sold out. Btw, do you attend C2E2? I told my wife I'd like to make the trip next year to attend and hopefully meet an LCVG mate. :)

Unknown said...

I haven't, but plan on it next year. Let me know if you decide to come out. Also plan on going to San Diego Comic Con next year. Already have my vacation scheduled that week, just need to get passes.

Angel Pagan said...

I'll definitely keep you posted as I'll most likely plan a vacation week around that time. SDCC is another animal altogether. I don't think I can manage that. Both financial and commitment-wise, I hear it's a big task. Good luck. :)

Unknown said...

Passes is the tough part. The kids aunt lives in San Diego, so a place to stay should will be the easy part. :)