Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hot Toys Iron Man Mark I 2.0 Sixth Scale Figure

While I still have a few sixth scale figures that I've yet to take pics of, I've decided to hold off on those and post about my latest arrival.  The Iron Man Mark I figure is a very impressive piece of work.  Based on the Mark I from the first Iron Man movie, the highly detailed figure feels much heavier than the 3 pounds advertised and has quickly become one of my favorites in my collection.

Specs and summary are as follows:

• Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark I, featuring the likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in the Iron Man movie
• Approximately 12 inches (30cm) tall
• Over 36 points of articulation
• Steel-like painted armor
• Movie-accurate Tony Stark costume
• TrueType figure body inside Mark I armor
• Helmeted head with raising face-plate revealing the face of Tony Stark
• Special features on armor:
• Light-up (white) micro ARC reactor and light-up (red) button on left forearm
• Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
• One (1) pair of relaxed palms
• One (1) pair of fists
• Flamethrower implanted in wrist with extra flame-effected part
• Working forearm missile launcher
• Figure base featuring the scraps of weapons and stones from the cave

Artists
• Kojun (Head Sculpt)
• Lalla (Armor Paint)
• JC. Hong (Head Paint and Paint Art Direction)
































New York Comic Con 2012 is this coming weekend and I'm hoping to find some figures to add to my collection.  As always, I'll have another Hot Toys Sixth Scale Figure blog post up soon.

No comments: