Monday, October 12, 2015

New York Comic Con 2015 - Day 4

To say the 4th and final day was a disappointment is an understatement.  Unofficially touted as "kids day", Sundays are always crowded but they have never rivaled Saturdays.  I have never seen so many people.   Getting around was almost impossible which caused many missed opportunities for some cool cosplay pics.

My friend Joey turned me on to a comics podcast around 4-5 years ago called the 11 O'Clock Comics Podcast.  The hosts attend the New York Comic Con every year and I was hoping to meet them and have a picture taken.  Although I spent the better part of 2 days on the look out, I wasn't successful in finding them.  Next year, I'll have to hang with Joey who always gets to see them.

Finally, I wanted to meet Dan Slott who is the current Spider-Man writer.  After reaching out to Mr. Slott on Saturday via twitter, he responded that he'd be at a booth at 3pm Sunday.  I didn't want to stay that long on the final day but I would just to meet him.  Unfortunately, after making the line and only being the 7th person, he decided he couldn't stay because he had popped a filling and was in pain.  So while I managed to take a few pics of him while on line, I'll have to wait for next year to greet him and get a signature.

So, pretty disappointing final day for me.  I did manage to purchase some Funko Pop figures and pins for some of the kids in the residential building where I work.  Also picked up some t-shirts for my kids and nephews.

 Harley-Davidson bike signed by the cast of Sons of Anarchy




--- COSPLAY ---



 Spider-Gwen and family


A couple of Tomb Raiders






--- AUTOGRAPHS ---

 Drea de Matteo of Sopranos and Sons of Anarchy fame



 Spider-Man writer Dan Slott


--- PURCHASES ---







No comments: