Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dead Space Isaac Clarke Polystone Statue

Took a short break but now I'm back.  Due to requests for pics, I've decided to hold off on some of my older sixth scale figures and decided to start on my Polystone/Premium Format Statues.  Based on one of my favorite video game IP's, Dead Space, Isaac Clarke gets the Polystone treatment courtesy of Sideshow Collectibles.  Standing 16 inches tall (approximately 1:5 scale) and weighing 11 pounds, the statue is quite an impressive piece of work.  Close-ups show battle damage on his rig (suit) from fighting a Necromorph which is laying dead at his feet.  Or is it?  While Clarke turns to do battle with more oncoming Necromorphs, a limb protrudes from the dismembered corpse in a last attempt to bring Clarke down.

The statue features Isaac's standard plasma cutter and a light-up helmet.  I was able to purchase the limited edition (limited to 500) which adds the ripper saw but, at the time of these pics, was stored away in its box.

If I had one complaint about the statue, it would be regarding the paint job done on the back with regard to the health and stasis meters.  While not horrible, I feel more care couldn't gone into this section.  Of course, having the health and stasis meters light up along with the helmet would've solved this (and made it even more badass) but I realize it would've just added to the cost.

Artists:
  • Brian Fay (Sculpt)
  • Heath Hammond (Paint)
  • Kristafer Anka (Design)
  • Joe Allard (Design)
  • Mike Allen (Development)
  • The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team
Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles
















































I have two other statues (Predator's Dutch and Jason Voorhees) and another one on the way (Freddy Krueger) in addition to more sixth scale figures to take pics of and post up.  Thanks for looking.

No comments: