Thursday, August 9, 2012

Portal 2 Knick Knacks


Being the huge Portal 2 fan that I am, I was excited when NECA obtained the license to create some game related collectibles.  So far, they've released the Aperture Science Portal Handheld Device which is amazingly bad ass.  Hopefully, they'll get around to releasing some figures of Atlas and Peabody, two of the main characters in the game.   In the meantime, I've gone around looking for some Portal 2 collectibles but only came upon three items that interested me: bookends, a talking LED Sentry Turret and a Wheatley LED flashlight.


The bookends, which are quite durable and of good quality, was purchased at Forbidden Planet in midtown Manhattan.



The Portal 2 LED Sentry Turret, also purchased at Forbidden Planet, is not as well made.  The legs are quite fragile and take work just to get them to hold the turret up without tipping over.  But once I got it to stand, there was no problem with it staying upright.





The turret stands at only 3 1/2 inches tall and speaks five (5) lines from the game:

  1. "Preparing to dispense product."
  2. "I don't hate you."
  3. "Target acquired."
  4. "Are you still there?"
  5. "Goodbye!"


                                        

And finally, the Wheatley LED flashlight was purchased from Amazon.  I wish the body and arms had been made of metal but that would've driven the price up too high.  At least the arms move.  As it is, it's only 2 1/2 inches tall and nicely detailed.







I'm quite pleased with my little Portal 2 collection and hope NECA releases some figures to add to my collection.


No comments: