Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer

Hey everyone, it's been awhile. I've been meaning to get back into blogging (damn you Twitter and Facebook) but was waiting for the perfect event to bring me back and I think I've found it. With the return of autumn once again upon us, we look forward to a few annual constants: cool fall weather, kids going back to school (Amen!) and the return of our favorite tv shows. But today I want to talk about what I hope will be another annual constant.

Last year, my good friend Jeanette participated in the 2008 Cure To Walk Diabetes. While Jeanette received support from family and friends, she also received support from some of my friends and followers of this blog and in doing so, she was able to meet her goal she set for herself and the charity.

This year, Jeanette will be taking part in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event being held on October 18 in the Bronx. I know there is only a little over a month to go and with economic times being what they are, I'm hoping I can turn to my friends for this worthy cause. Any amount will go along way in helping to fight breast cancer.

If you would like to make a donation, please visit Jeanette's American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer fundraising page.

Thank you.

No comments: